Policy & Research Section
- To manage and coordinate Government’s policies making under Legal Affairs Division responsibility;
- Administer the Trustee Act ( Incorporation) Act 1952 [ Act 258 ] including registration and monitoring trustee corporations;
- To act as Pardon Board Secretariat for Security and Appeal cases in Federal Territories;
- To monitor the Pardons Board Meeting in every state;
- To coordinate the implementation of Whistleblower Protection Act 2010 (Act 711);
- To prepare the National Human Rights Action Plan (NHRAP);
- Secretariat for the appointment of SUHAKAM Members and to monitor and coordinate SUHAKAM Annual report and feedbacks;
- To manage the appointment of Children Court Advisors under Child Act 2001; and
- Secretariat to the Malaysia Law reform Committee (MLRC).
FUNCTIONS OF MALAYSIAN LAW REFORM COMMITTEE (MLRC)
- To study and recommend legal reform in Malaysia.