Vision, Missions, Objectives & Functions
- Pioneering the efficiency and effectiveness of the administration of justice in the country
- Strengthening the administration of the justice system by providing infrastructure and policy relating to the legal system
- Planning, implementing and monitoring courts development projects in accordance with prescribed standards
- Enforcing the Trustees (Incorporation) Act 1952
- Optimising the effectiveness and efficiency of information and communication technologies in BHEUU, JBG, MdI and courts
- Strengthening transparency of financial governance and ict
- Strengthening human resources and efficient management of corporate services.
- Developing a comprehensive National Human Rights Action Plan
- Processing pardon cases in the federal territory of Kuala Lumpur, Labuan, Putrajaya and monitoring the status of pardon cases in the states.
- Coordinating and monitoring the enforcement of laws entrusted to BHEUU.
- Secretariat for the:
- Appointment of commissioners for the Human Rights Commission of Malaysia (SUHAKAM) and coordinating Government’s feedback on SUHAKAM annual report;
- Appointment of advisor for children’s court in accordance to the child Act 2001 (Act 611); and
- appointment of the director of regional centre for Arbitration Kuala Lumpur (KLRCA).
- Secretariat for the Pardon Board for cases in the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur, Labuan and Putrajaya;
- Monitoring the status of pardon cases in all states in Malaysia;
- Planning and monitoring developing project for Courts, the Legal Aid Department (LAD) and the Malaysia Department of Insolvency (MdI);
- Administer the Trustees (Incorporation) Act 1952 [Act 258] including matters relating to the registration and monitoring trustee corporations;
- Focal Agency for the development of National Human Rights Action Plan (NHRAP);
- Appointment of Malaysian Human Right Commission of Malaysia (SUHAKAM) commissioners, and coordinating the government response towards SUHAKAM annual report;
- Appointment of advisor for Court For Children (or Children’s Court) based on Child Act 2001 [Act 611];
- Appointment of Director of Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA);
- Coordinating the Enforcement of Evidence of Child Witness Act 2007 [Act 676];
- Coordinating the implementation of the Whistleblower Protection Act 2010 [Act 711]; and
- Coordinating the Implementation of Mediation Act 2012 [Act 749].