1. What are the statutes under the jurisdiction of Legal Affairs Division?
The statutes under the jurisdiction of Legal Affairs Division are:-
- Trustees (Incorporation) Act 1952 [Act 258]; and
- Whistleblower Protection Act 2011 [Act 711].
2. What are the objectives of Legal Affairs Division?
The Legal Affairs Division established since September 1995 with the objectives as below:-
- To ensure the development of infrastructure for courts and agencies in accordance with the requirement of stakeholder and clients.
- To ensure functions related to the incorporation of foundations, the administration of pleads pardon for clemency and law reforms are implemented effectively;
- To provide a quick, accurate and full integrity support services to agencies.
3. What kind of services offered by Legal Affairs Division?
The services offered by Legal Affairs Division are as below:-
- Trustee Incorporation registration under Trustees (Incorporation) Act 1952 [Act 258];
- Coordinator to Whistleblower Protection Act 2011 [Act 711];
- Secretariat for Federal Territory Plead Pardons For Clemency Meeting;
- Secretariat for State Plead Pardons For Clemency Board Coordination Meeting;
- Coordinator to Court Adviser registration for Children Court.